By Nina Ornstein
Just a few short weeks ago Paraiso combined forces with Sweaty Betty in East Hampton for a super fun pop-up retreat and we’ve got the recap for you here today. Ali and I had a blast orchestrating all of the corresponding ingredients for this party. The recipe for fun was simple. It didn’t take much to get this group giggling. Get the details below!
- The first ingredient to a successful fiesta is a fun-loving community of adventurous, like-minded people. This element is not hard to find around these parts! Enter some really awesome ladies (& gentlemen). Some super savvy, well-traveled mamacitas with wellness on the brain, fun in the heart and happiness in the soul. A few kids even joined in for not just one, but two yoga classes. And plenty of time for swan floatie shenanigans of course!
- Next, a dash of the perfect paradise. Our overwhelming gratitude goes out to Paraiso’s wellness retreat coordinator, Ali Quinn, for opening her home and hosting our event. It was the quintessential pool party venue for our shin dig: soft green grass, sparkling pool, two parts sunshine and one part shade.
- No Paraiso fiesta is complete without yoga (at least in our world!). Yoga Shanti came to our rescue by providing three exceptional instructors to lead two classes. Yoga Shanti is a New York based studio with locations out East in Sag Harbor. Started by Rodnee Yee and Colleen Saidman, both of these instructors have been hugely inspirational to my personal yoga practice. Back in the day, I used to watch Rodney’s videos in Mexico and while traveling. Once upon a time I even coined the term, “What would Rodney do?” when deciding whether to go out or to get in a yoga practice in first. I learned at a young age to always stretch first, then hit the dance floor!
- Those clothes though…. the icing on the cake was the Sweaty Betty swag that left us stylish and prepared for our sweat sesh and schmoozing. Many thanks for the summer yoga outfit and mat! My pants even have the bird of paradise (my logo) on them and have sparked many a conversation. 🙂
- Of course none of this would’ve been possible without our other contributing sponsors that fed us snacks and drinks, keeping our bellies full and our bodies cool in the hot summer sun. Core Water for hydration is always necessary, an alkaline water source I recommend everyone stock up on! For a little more flavor, we sipped WTRMLN WTR, a cold pressed juice really hit the spot in the mid-summer heat! And when you’re ready to turn it up a notch, most yogis reached for the Babe sparkling rose post down-dog to enjoy the crisp, slightly sweet flavors. A taste that simply is summer. What goes better with rose than dark chocolate? Nothing – and Bark Thin Chocolate did not disappoint with their delicious snack crisps.
I had such a fun time getting to know Ali’s crew, and the amazing people that flock together when fun and healthy living is on the menu. Look for more Paraiso pop-up events in New York and in California soon! It’s the perfect opportunity to get to know your wellness and adventure community, to relax with good company, and enjoy the results of even just a few hours of you-time! If you would like us to put an event on near you, or would like to get involved in another way, please don’t hesitate to connect with me at NINA@PARAISOADVENTURES.COM • Until then, get outside and enjoy this beautiful world! xo Nina