Welcome to paradise on the white sandy shores of Playa Santa Teresa, Costa Rica. This private villa towers over the green jungle canopy with breathtaking views of the sparkling Pacific Ocean. Casa MarBella invite you to come and explore some of the most pristine beaches in the world with style, comfort, and security. We offer a comfortable ambiance in the midst of the Costa Rican tropics.
Experience the unprecedented beauty of the local scenery and become acquainted with the genuine latin american friendliness or just kick up your feet at our refreshing infinity-edged pool. In any case, at the end of the day you can expect an unforgettable sunset over the Pacific Ocean.
DAY 3 – WATER PLAY (Feb. 2)
A watery, second-chakra, hip-opening flow class kicks off the morning, powering you up for day on waves! After yoga, enjoy the delicious breakfast prepared by our chef Lohanna, always the perfect balance of local fruits, traditional Tico cuisine, gallo pinto, and creative varieties of eggs. A yogurt and granola bar is always available with breakfast. You’ll be ready to hit the waves, surfing or stand up paddle boarding to explore balance in a whole new way. To close out the day, soothe your tired muscles and get that yogi glow in a Stretch and Glow yoga class.
If you are traveling alone these are the lodging options we would like to recommend.
SHARED LODGING RECOMMENDATIONS:
- Two excursions: You choose from stand up paddle board tour, surf lesson, horse back riding, zip lining or a spa treatment.
- Cooking class: Learn something that you can bring home to share your experience with family and friends
- Lunch out in town: Take a walk around town with your local guide for some shopping and a lunch date simply to mix things up a bit and take in the local bohemian scene.
- Private transportation: Round trip between Tambor and Santa Teresa. We work with only the safest, most reliable drivers. We aim to provide comfortable transportation despite the rugged roads.
- Mind/body classes twice a day: A wellness program completely tailored to your physical, mental, and emotional goals. Our wellness professionals create a a safe, enriching program to leave you glowing.
- Three meals a day: Prepared by your private cook. The menu is completely customizable to your preference.
- Sunset cocktail and wine/beer with dinner: It is, after all, paradise. Everything in moderation is key with us!
- Private luxury lodging: Casa Marbella is privately ours for the durations of the retreats, meaning you can relax completely and settle into to your new tropical home away from home.
- Please note that the February 11-16 retreat with Caprice & Ikaika includes a complimentary 90 minute massage.
EN LA COCINA (LOHANNA):
Cocina Lohanna, or Lohanna’s Kitchen, is the place to be when visiting Costa Rica. Lohanna is our retreat chef in Costa Rica and she runs the show behind the counter. It is truly her pleasure to provide nutritious, flavorful traditional Tico cuisine.
Guests return time and time again just to see Lohanna, to laugh with her, and to dance with her. She is full of life and zest, and this shows in her hospitality and culinary talents. She’s always happy to have guests in the kitchen who want to learn the tricks of Tico cooking!
Lohanna’s menu consist of specialties such as:
- Green Papaya Mash
- Fresh Fish Ceviche
- Gallo Pinto
- Chimichurri with Yucca
- Guacamole with Plantain Chips
- Sopa de Mariscos
- Empanadas de Maduro
Lohanna sources all of her ingredients locally, using organic when possible, and can accommodate food preferences and allergies. Just remember, nothing makes Lohanna happier than when people ask for seconds, so don’t be shy!
TO SIGN UP:
- Contact Nina Ornstein at email@example.com or call the Paraiso Adventures NYC headquarters at 212.677.3763 to begin customizing your dream adventure in paradise.
- Keep up with Paraiso on Instagram at: @ParaisoAdventrues Facebook: Paraiso Adventures and Twitter @ParaisoAdventur
- Sign up for our weekly newsletter here to stay up to date with the Paraiso lifestyle
- Fly into San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO) as early as possible and connect to Tambor on a hopper flight on either Sansa (flysansa.com) or Nature Air (natureair.com). Our driver will pick you up there and take you to the villa. Check in is at 1pm, however if you arrive earlier you may leave your bags at the villa and freshen up for the beach. For those that aren’t into the hopper flight, there is a shuttle that will take five hours by land: van>ferry>van that is quite beautiful and pleasant, just time consuming for many. It’s best to depart San Jose no earlier than 2pm on the last day of the retreat if you don’t want to rush. We also recommend staying at Hotel Los Volcanes near the airport for early/late flights.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- Be sure your passport won’t be expiring within the next six months.
- We recommend incorporating probiotics into your diet before and while traveling abroad.
- Click here to consider our packing recommendations for travel in Costa Rica.
- Click here for a fact sheet on the Santa Teresa area.
- You can expect daily maid service with linen changes every 3/4 nights.
- Laundry service is available for a small rate.
- Properties in Santa Teresa work on sensitive septic systems.