By Nina Ornstein
With all this wedding planning I have a plethora of information to share with everyone on the Todos Santos area! Below you will find my recommendations for eating, drinking and checking out local culture. I would love nothing more than to accommodate groups in the future, plan more weddings and photo shoots in this area. If Baja is on your list, I’m your chica! Vamanos!
- The town’s plaza, the theater and look out area are all integral parts of this community.
- The church is open to the public and is gorgeous by day and night.
- The Casa de la Cultura to understand native Baja roots, the history of Todos and the flora and fauna of this desert in and oasis.
- The historical center’s art galleries, boutiques and restaurants are worth a wander. Every building has a different element of character. Take some time to speak with the locals!
- Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla aka the elementary school that I attended back in the day, along the road north of La Esquina.
- Compa Chava Ceviche: The best in Baja, maybe the world.
- El Paraguito: The best fish & shrimp tacos in Todos Santos.
- El Poblano: Best tacos el Pastor in Todos Santos.
- La Casita: Consistent good food by restaurateur Sergio. Serving steak, ribs, sushi and everything in between in a gorgeous al fresco environment. Two blocks west of Hotel California.
- Los Adobes: Deliciously creative Mexican food with a twist in a pristine desert-scape setting. One block south of the book store & Nomad Chic boutique.
- Alma’s: Across from the fish store & St Jude’s in Todos Santos. Great breakfast (chilaquiles!!)
- La Esquina: Fresh local favorites for the wellness foodie types on the north side of Todos.
- Mi Costa: Great seafood on the west side of town one block east of Lizarraga produce.
- Miguels: Across from the Oxxo in Todos is the town’s best authentic Mexi food and margaritas.
- Café Santa Fe: For amazing Italian food in a colonial courtyard, near the plaza in Todos.
- Black Out Joe’s: This spot is new and super fun! Located next to Marina’s in Pescadero across the highway from Oxxo. This is a great place to meet-up and hang out. Be sure to say hi to Joe himself.
- Chill & Grill: Behind the Oxxo in Todos at the El Molino hotel. Bartenders Cary & Gabe are amazing!
- Gallo Azul: Salsa every Saturday night. Located in Todos Santos.
- Carlitos Place: has the best sushi in Baja. Carlitos and Brianda are always happy to host sushi parties at his restaurant in Pescadero one dirt road east of the highway. Ask around.
- Hotel California: It’s not a trip to Todos without a margarita and selfie at the Hotel California! Live music usually on the weekends.