Welcome to paradise, this is your new home away from home! Our Surf Villa in Santa Teresa, Costa Rica is the ideal getaway for a small group of friends or family. This is also a fabulous location for our retreat instructors with only a few guests. Located at the north end of Santa Teresa, the Surf Villa is perched up on the hillside over looking the sparkling Pacific ocean and just a little jungle canopy. The walk from the villa to the beach is no more than five minutes. Please note the access to the house is quite steep so this is not a good location for those with challenges on inclines/declines.
The main house does not have air conditioning, however the doors and windows all open to create and indoor/outdoor living dynamic in a very natural environment. The casita next door does have air conditioning and is also available. The green design of the main house includes plenty of open spaces for yoga, pilates, lounging, napping in hammocks, entertaining, dancing, cooking, whale watching and so on. The infinity pool is inviting day and night. We recommend floating on a pool hammock while watching the sun melt into the Pacific ocean, observing the various sounds of the surrounding jungle.
Experience the unprecedented beauty of the local scenery and become acquainted with the genuine Latin American friendliness or just kick up your feet at our refreshing infinity-edged pool. In any case, at the end of the day you can expect an unforgettable sunset over the Pacific Ocean.
- Two excursions: Stand up paddle board lesson and tour and zip lining with a trip to the Montezuma waterfalls
- Cooking class: Learn something that you can bring home to share your experience with family and friends
- Lunch out in town: Take a walk around town with your local guide for some shopping and a lunch date simply to mix things up a bit and take in the local bohemian scene.
- Private transportation: Round trip between Tambor and Santa Teresa. We work with only the safest, most reliable drivers. We aim to provide comfortable transportation despite the rugged roads.
- Mind/body classes twice a day: A wellness program completely tailored to your physical, mental, and emotional goals. Our wellness professionals create a a safe, enriching program to leave you glowing.
- Three meals a day: Prepared by your private cook. The menu is completely customizable to your preference.
- Sunset cocktail and wine/beer with dinner: It is, after all, paradise. Everything in moderation is key with us!
- Private luxury lodging: Casa Surf is privately yours for the durations of the retreat, meaning you can relax completely and settle into to your new tropical home away from home.
- Contact Nina Ornstein at email@example.com or call the Paraiso Adventures NYC headquarters at 212.677.3763 to begin customizing your dream adventure in paradise.
- Keep up with Paraiso on Instagram at: @ParaisoAdventrues Facebook: Paraiso Adventures and Twitter @ParaisoAdventur
- Sign up for our weekly newsletter here to stay up to date with the Paraiso lifestyle
- Fly into San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO) as early as possible and connect to Tambor on a hopper flight on Sansa (flysansa.com) or Nature Air (natureair.com). We provide transportation from there. For those that aren’t into the hopper flight there is a shuttle that will take five hours by land: van>ferry>van that is quite beautiful and pleasant, just time consuming for many. It’s best to depart San Jose no earlier than 2pm on the last day of the retreat if you don’t want to rush. We also recommend staying at Hotel Los Volcanes near the airport for early/late flights.
- Be sure your passport won’t be expiring within the next six months.
- We recommend incorporating probiotics into your diet before and while traveling abroad.
- Click here to consider our packing recommendations for travel in Costa Rica.
- Click here for a fact sheet on the Santa Teresa area.
- You can expect daily maid service with linen changes every 3/4 nights.
- Laundry service is available for a small rate.
- Properties in Santa Teresa work on sensitive septic systems.