Welcome to Bequia; this small Caribbean island is home to white sandy beaches, gorgeous coral reefs, and some of the kindest and most inviting locals we’ve ever met. The word “Bequia” itself (pronounced Beck-Way) means “island in the clouds”, and it would almost seem the entire place was born out of a cloud-like dream. Snorkeling, diving, swimming, and sailing are popular in Bequia, and the magical charm of this relatively undiscovered island is what gives it its nickname “the jewel of the Grenadines”.
Come experience the island vibes and indulge in the wellness and serenity of this exotic destination. Bequia, a tropical oasis of only seven square miles, can be reached via nearby Barbados, and is a part of the country of St. Vincent and the Grenadine archipelago. Explore empty beaches, harbors, and local boutiques. This is your opportunity to sit back and enjoy the serenity of the sea. Welcome to paradise!
UPCOMING RETREATS: Join us on a spectacular yoga & adventure retreat in Bequia February 9-15th, 2017 !
A DAY IN BEQUIA:
Welcome to a sample day in Bequia. Today we’re starting off strong with morning yoga and a good breakfast to fuel up for our speed-boat excursion to the gorgeous nearby island of Mustique! All aboard!
- 6:30am || coffee and quiet time
- 7am-8am || morning yoga practice
- 8-9 || breakfast is served! Start your day off right with healthy tropical options.
- 9:30 || depart for day trip to MUSTIQUE! We’re ready for some fun! We’ve got snacks, drinks, and snorkeling gear on board to explore the reefs.
- 12:30 || lunch al fresco at Basil’s Beach Bar perched on stilts above the Caribbean Sea and boasting the best food and atmosphere.
- 1:30 || relax and wander. The island is known for its glowing white sand and transparent blue waters. Too much sun? This laid back island has plenty of boutiques to explore.
- 3:00 || time to head back home (away from home) and in Bequia.
- 5:00-6:00 || open-level yoga practice will help soothe, unwind, and stretch the body and mind after a day of island hopping!
- 7pm-9pm|| sunset cocktails and a delicious dinner with locally procured ingredients. What a day!
We will be staying at the Bequia Beach Hotel, situated in one of the best locations in Bequia. The hotel has its own secluded beach, two pools, a spa and gym, and two spectacular restaurants. This boutique hotel really feels like home, and will bring barefoot luxury to your stay in Bequia. There are a variety of lodging options to suit your needs and preferences. Please contact our retreat specialist for assistance selecting your room.
- 6 nights in the Bequia Beach Hotel
- Round trip airport transfer
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner, including sunset cocktails and wine with dinner.
- Twice daily yoga classes with a New York City certified Yoga Instructor
- Speed boat trip to the island of Mustique, including lunch at Basil’s Beach Bar
- BBQ and blues band at Jack’s Beach Bar
- 60 minute massage
- Full use of waters ports including kayaks and stand up paddle boards at the hotel
- Access to pool areas, gym, spa, and gardens
- Free wifi
- Concierge service
- Turn down maid service twice daily
- Lots of pampering and personal attention
Not included: International flights to Barbados and connections to Bequia, additional activities or purchases of your choice.
- Contact our Bequia Wellness Retreat Specialist Ali! Email or call Ali Quinn at 347 407 1072
- Keep up with Paraiso on Instagram: @ParaisoAdventures and Facebook: Paraiso Adventures
- Sign up for our weekly newsletter here to stay up to date with the Paraiso lifestyle
Bequia is an island in The Grenadines in the Southern Caribbean Sea. To get there, take an international flight to Barbados, and connect to Bequia via a hopper flight. Jet Blue and American airlines offer direct service to Barbados, and we will arrange a group hopper flight on SVG Air to Bequia. Once on Bequia, airport transfers to our accommodations will be arranged and included in package price.
- Be sure your passport won’t be expiring within the next six months.
- Visas are not required for American citizens entering Bequia.
- You can expect daily maid service with regular linen changes
- Laundry service is available for a small rate.
- Keep up to date with fact sheets and information on this stunning locale on our blog.